and then run gemdebug
A0>Gemdebug
Gemdebug....

Run a terminal program on the windows/linux box

The following sends character 41 on the serial port
-ob8 41
And the command
-qb8
Will display the last character received on the serial port.

This will check the serial link including the cable and uart.
Using Gemdebug showed that T-Net failed miserably on the built in serial port, however, a USB Serial adapter on the Linux machine worked a treat, thank you, I now have a very useful system. I will update the blog with this new info.

Whilst I was away, I started looking in more detail at the various bios sources you sent me. As you know I have updated the Gemini bios to support QDDS disks now and this works rather well. I started to wonder how hard it would be to add the necessary to support my SASI emulator. I am keen to keep as near to the original Gemini setup as I can (I have no idea why, it just feels right for me) so whilst I have the CCPZ, BDOSZ and TBIOS, I really wanted to add Winchester support to the Gemini Bios. It's all about the journey, right?

I have started to read everything I can find on CP/M modification, and I have the various specs for the controller etc. and of course the source you sent.

Am I mad?

I have found a chap who has the Gemini Multi Format Bios (MFB) which is awesome but is circa 1985 so a little newer than my system, I have not had too much luck so far in getting in touch with him anyway. Also there is Tony on this forum who may be able to help but is very busy with other things at the moment.

So I wonder, how hard can it be? Probably beyond me but I just thought I would mention it.