View Single Post
Old 21st May 2006, 11:31 pm   #76
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PC as a standard convertor

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams
I am curently unsure if I will ever use the system for real time off air decoding - SWMBO does not appreciate the "horrible wooden box" in the dining room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_beacon
Mine can't stand 10.125kHz I have to experiment while she's out
Guess I'm lucky, not only has Cobweb found 10.125kHz something you can ignore after a while but it was Cobweb who said "yes" to a console set we were offered. Once refurbished and reliable, it's going in the living room, and we're looking at collecting classic B&W movies on DVD to watch on it (Just got "Metropolis - now that is a classic movie, and off-topic for this thread... cue me starting another thread, methinks...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Williams
So, perhaps the shack logging PC gets the chop - it is a 1.7G proc with about a gig of ram, so I guess this is really a no brainer!
That, as they say, would do nicely - though it's not so much MythTV can only use 512M, more it doesn't really need any more, not at these display resolutions, anyway. Watching the IRC channel #mythtv-users on Freenode I saw a discussion where it was noted that runniing at high resolutions into an HD set it does need more RAM. But 405-line is more LDTV in this context really.

Regards, Kat