View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 2:32 am   #66
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: PC as a standard convertor

Hi Jim,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_beacon
your link to your original combiner diagram is broken - do you have a copy of the diagram anywhere else?
Umm... I removed it as the video waveform it produces is terrible; I'm currently working on a new one (DC coupled, other improvements) which I hope to finish before NVCF and which I'll publish once it's finished. Cutting it a bit fine, I guess

Quote:
Secondly, when playing with the X modeline, did you just put the 405 version in, and remove the others, or at least comment them out?
I actually fairly radically modified the file, such that it's easy to switch between 800x600 on the monitor, 405 and 625 on the VGA output and 625 on the S-Video output as I'm using the system on our main 25" colour set in the living room as well.

I'll tidy the file up and comment it a bit better then let you have a copy.

Quote:
Finally, does the sync come out of the card as a combined signal, or as seperate H and V signals? (the VGA data suggested either was possible).
This depends on the card - the GeForce4 doesn't produce composite sync - hence having to combine (in my present circuit, with a XOR gate) the H and V syncs.

Quote:
I do at least understand how you arrived at the numbers for the Modeline - an interesting little set of calculations!
Looks scary at first; easy when you know how...

Regards, Kat