View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 3:43 pm   #123
Rob Lines
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Hello again SPCH. Further to my post at#117, more Avo details:

I have a 8 MkV in a plastic case, the ser no is on a tatty label, one on the side , one in the battery compartment, Ser No 48582 8V/12/74.
The problem with this one is that the mechanical zero on the front of the meter does not work, it appears that the 2 prongs of the fork are not long enough to keep the back end of the meter needle in between them and when the adjuster is turned fully in an attempt to zero, the back end of the needle slips out. Have you come across this previously?

I also recently acquired a Model 40, Ser No 407610 - 744, a year & a bit older than me. Seems to be in very good nick externally, with a bakelite front panel and a metal case in hammered silver finish. Serviceability not yet known but I have managed to remove the heavily corroded 4.5v batteries, no damage done, the 1.5v D cell is held in a modified holder. The top right hand of the front panel has a 3/4inch square smoothed into the ripples on which is engraved '6Bc TH' (inside a circle), with '5468 B.RD' underneath. There is a small metal plate screwed to the RH side which says 'Pool'.

Rob Lines
Rob Lines is offline   Reply With Quote