View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 10:13 pm   #9
qsilver
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Ferguson Videostar FV31R Repairs

After some searching I had started to think that it was made by another company called Thompson, so your comment confirming that really helps. I've just ordered a belt kit - the photograph of the item had a label marked "Ferg FV31R" So I'm quite sure that's it. The listing also mentioned it was made by "Thorn" but maybe that was a typo as sometimes "rn" looks like "m".

I also bought a power supply repair kit from the same supplier for that deck, just in case. It's also interesting to see what they think would fail.

I'll take some pictures of the mechanism when I open it again when I get the belts.

For now, the comets are gone. I remember this getting used way back when I was a kid with the same problem so I'd be surprised if the heads had been worn and working for all these years, but I'm no expert on head wear.

Interesting about the FV32L. I was trying to find out if the FV31R could record and output stereo... somehow I doubt it but maybe you know?

I might lookup the FV32L. Are both of these decks good in terms of quality of picture output?