View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 10:25 am   #40
greenstar
Octode

Default Re: Valves at BVWS auctions available for "all" members

Craig, your points and the discussion here set me thinking. Valves! There is a sort of lust involved here. Of acquiring a great big box of shiny tubes. Lovely!
I'm wondering how this hobby is best served. Is it by each of us having our own stash to hand - and for me, I don't need this, honestly. Is it by having a full range available so that when that obscure one is needed it can be found at an affordable cost? If this is achieved by somebody making a few bob I don't mind, and indeed, it helps us all.
There is still a sense of frustration, I think, that resources are seen to be scooped up and go out of the association, possibly at a profit - this at the expense of all the effort put in. Is this accurate?
There are valves sold by BVWS, and have been available here on this forum. Is this supply adequate? I would guess it is, and the prices have been very fair.
Is there a case for a 'valve bank'? perhaps distributed between members? Does this already exist? I would participate in something like that.