View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 10:40 pm   #1
Zelandeth
Heptode

Default Selena Vega 215 - dead on FM

Finally (after a few months!) got around to getting some batteries for this thing. My word D cells are both expensive and heavy.

All the shortwave bands seem to work, even though I can't find a great deal on them, and medium wave seems to work just fine - and I can find quite a lot on. Especially with my drum of speaker cable antenna attached.

FM on the other hand appears to be completely and utterly dead. Not a whistle, crackle or anything. The set goes "pop" when switched on, as with all the other wavebands...but that's it. Total silence reigns.

Initial inspection tends to make me believe that Billy the Bodger may have been at work...Most likely due to the leg of a capacitor or something that ain't connected to anything...which my big ugly finger in the image below is pointing at.

http://zelandeth.artamir.org/compute...ycomponent.jpg

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is likely to be here...aside from that there's nothing that's *obviously* wrong in there...and it doesn't look like the easiest of sets to work on.

Last edited by Zelandeth; 6th Feb 2007 at 10:46 pm. Reason: Correcting typo in title