View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2011, 5:53 pm   #50
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: History Of Philips EL33XX Series Cassette Recorder

"I have a particularly early EL3300 and one of the odd things about it is that most of the moulded nylon parts inside it (plastic wheels etc) are black instead of the more usual off-white"

Some of these black parts were also used on early EL3301 machines, probably to use up stock.

The month and year of make is printed on a sticker on the motor (the one with "WR" on it), e.g. 35 65 is the 35th week of 1965. Who has the earliest one?"

The earliest, fully complete & fully functional I have was manufactured between June 1st & 7th 1964 (23/64) but I have parts & part ass'm chassis from 1963.

"Sony's TC-12 (see www.walkmancentral.com) is only distantly related to the original Philips design"

From your link, they seem to put the relevancy of the TC-12 chassis as somewhat more than that of "distantly related" : "The TC-12 represents the typical Japanese cassette recorder product of the early 70’s. For this model, Sony used an identical mechanical layout to that employed in early Philips cassette recorders"

Pics below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tc-12#1.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	58428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tc-12 #2.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	58429