View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2006, 6:21 pm   #19
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Bodge-o-tronic: Veroboard!

Back in April in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ead.php?t=8402,
I mentioned that I had built the Stereo Coder described in Television mag some years before. This has been in use a lot since then and it is built on Veroboard. As it was the last sizeable thing I've built in permanent form I thought I'd post some pictures of it's vitals.

The first picture shows the encoder panel and the small power supply panel to the bottom left. The second is the master oscillator and dividers board inside the screened box with the top removed and the third is just a general picture of the complete item. The other screened box houses the modulator but I didn't show this because it was part of the Maplin kit built on a ready made PCB so not entirely 'my own effort'.

There were no layout plans for the Veroboard assemblies so I had to work them out based on the suggested component placements and cut the strips accordingly.

It was fun to build, easy to set up and it works well.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S3010009.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	5047   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3010012.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	5048   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3010013.jpg