View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 4:57 pm   #13
YT2095UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: My new Superheterodyne!

Neil; the Osc coils and Tuning coils are out of a Murphy 198, as is most of the ferrite for the coils (it was a broken one that I cut to size with a Dremel), the Antenna coupling coil is from a Bush, these are 455k.
the Transformers are from a Cossor and work(ed) at roughly 470K, so I had to pull them together manually, padding caps are Beehive types out of an old Oscilloscope as are the new knobs on it (they Were Cossor ones in the picture),
the output transformer and variable cap are ones I bought second hand off ebay, and the valves are out my collection that I`v had over 20 years now and finally decided to learn about this technology Propperly.

there really isn`t Much at all to waste on an a "Scrap" radio, even the chassis is a great building block for any number of things, esp since it has all the valve blanks pre cut out for you

so this This radio has Plenty of names to lend itself towards a final name, although it`ll probably be as long as that railway station in Wales!

I`ll probably get the cct diagram done in the morning as I`v been to the dentist today and had some work done and I think that desrves a few shots of Drambui and chill-out with a good book
the valve line up is: ECH81, EF91, EBC90 and an EL84 though.