View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 10:53 am   #76
John M0GLN
Octode

Default Re: Changing the BVWS

I've been reading this thread with interest and I'd just like to add my opinion.

Firstly I don't think there should be a name change, I joined the BVWS in 1994 and would like it to stay the BVWS, although I would stay in as a member if it did change and would have joined if it had been the BVRS or similar, but I don't think a change is needed.

Secondly the Bulletin, the quality is excellent, both the production quality and the articles, I do enjoy reading them whatever the particular subject, whether it's the restoration of a TV or a tape deck, neither of which do I have a desire to own ( my main interest is wireless sets of the 30's and 40's ) or the history of a long gone company. Things do change and for some they get better and for some worse, I read Practical Wireless every month from the early 50's until the late 70's, but when I flick through a copy in WH Smiths now I don't buy it because I can hardly find a page which is of any interest to me, although I still build both valve and semiconductor projects.

Thirdly the BVWS website, it does all I need to know, where and when events are held with links to forums such as this, these are a very important feature letting people take part although I do know this excellent forum is Pauls own and not a BVWS one, I'm also a member and contribute to the forums of the Model Engineer, Practical Boat Owner and a few others although I never read their website pages.

John