View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 9:25 pm   #30
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Pilot PT650 "Spacemaker" Television

Good evening,
Well I haven't been entirely idle during the past week I have now rebuilt the line timebase (and audio output) panel! Working from the circuit diagram and my drawings from when I dismantled it, it's been a case of methodically rewiring it and gradually adding components. It has been a surprisingly slow process to ensure no wiring errors and to follow the original layout, but I am pleased with the end result.
Having been sand blasted, the solder pins are very reluctant to take any solder despite careful cleaning and the use of separate flux. They are steel pins which doesn't help but they do eventually 'tin'.
I have re-used some of the small 'puff' caps- mostly the sort which don't give any trouble. I dare say I'll live to regret that I'm still a few components short and will order them tomorrow. I now plan to turn my attention to the frame timebase panel, after which all the bits and pieces which make up the chassis can be put back together. It will then start to look like I am getting somewhere!
Here's a couple of pictures of the nearly complete timebase panel- it doesn't look much work but has taken longer than I would have thought, but then, everything always does take longer than I think it will
Cheers Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0351.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	139648   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0350.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	139649