View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2020, 6:00 pm   #25
IKC2E51R8
Hexode

Default Re: Your TV collection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red to black View Post
You glutton for punishment you
The ICC9 was not a very nice chassis whilst I repaired many and they kept me in a job at the time
Maybe you would like the Ferguson version of the IDC2 chassis to fit in with your undoubted masochism
The TX98 and ICC5 were ok though, the Sharp CS chassis was another 'marmite' set.

Edit: Sony was just shall we say Sony, if you like the BE3D you might like the way the AE 5 onwards LOPT stage worked
I had a D59F years ago and it had an intermittant retrace line problem, being 15 and not having a working knowledge of them then i scrapped it but it was a great tv when it was in a good mood.

Never seen an IDC2 set, would be intrested to though.

Ive heard horror stories of the CS chassis, the CA10 in my sets seems to be far more reliable, the 05H i have has had to flyback replacments other than that they seem to be decent ive never experianced any other issues with mine.

The Sony was a TV my nanny had and id want one purely for the nostalgia, I hated it at the time because it replaced the perfectly working Ferguson E51R8 before it. I grew to love it though and eventually it was given to a family friend and a few years later i heard it "blew up"

Ive heard many many horror stories of the ICC5 sets, id prefare to find a 51P7 with the TX98 as that was the first set my nanny had from when i was born till i was 4 and she bought the E51R8. The 51P7 went into storage to be fixed (just shut down one day and wouldnt come back on) it never got fixed after a few years and got scrapped.

There must still be a few of them knocking about, just have to keep looking