View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2021, 3:14 pm   #11
Telephone Guy
Tetrode

Default Re: Free-standing telephone keypad

Hello Sirius,

Thank you for the very kind thought, but although I have some electronic know-how, I don't think I have either the skill or the wherewithal to pull that off.

One thought that did occur to me - although I'm extremely dubious, for the same reason - is that theoretically, it presumably wouldn't be that difficult to connect the speaker wires from any of the units in the links provided so far to the speech wires of a phone plug ( RJ11? ) - always assuming I could get hold of an RJ11 plug that was already wired to an ideally quite short length of cable with some sort of terminals on the other end, it being the case that many of my previous attempts to work with the kind of 'tinsel wire' normally found in phone leads has not ended well!

Ideally though, I'd really rather not have to do any kind of surgery at all ... I'm getting the impression that units that fit the description of what I'm looking for simply don't exist any more ( except, as I say, ones that either come with headsets and / or are ludicrously expensive ). Is that the case?