View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2018, 12:05 am   #44
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: ICE Speedmaster 1000 Eprom programmer

I don't have a scan, but I do have the actual manual which is A5 sized and ringbound so I could potentially take it apart, scan the pages and put it back together. Strangely, the 38 pages are all single sided as though the manual itself was produced on a photocopier, and maybe it was. Whatever the reason, that obviously makes it more straightforward to duplicate.

It covers the Speedmaster 1000, Micromaster 1000 and the 8-way Speedmaster 8000 gang programmer which was contemporary with these models, plus the emulator feature for those models which had it as an optional add-on.

There is just one page devoted to "Test Vector Editing and Operation", and the information given there is not much more than you might be able to guess. I'll look at scanning the manual, since this thread is turning into an unofficial repository of all things ICE-TECH.

I would appreciate it if you would upload copies of the DOS software from Adrian even though they are older versions than the others, for exactly the reason you mentioned - sometimes, because the software had to fit on physical media with limited capacity, some more obscure parts or features would be removed in order to fit newer ones on. The excluded parts may still have been available as individual downloads from ICE-TECH's BBS, but that resource is long gone, so running older versions of software may be the only way to access parts which were excluded from later versions.

It will be interesting to know if WinLV V1 from the disc - an older version than the one Adrian emailed - can 'see' the 1000 (not plus) series programmers.