View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2019, 11:29 am   #6
Shmason
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: GPO planset with external extensions

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes there are 3 wires in use on the extensions, the third I presume is earth (green wire on extensions).

Perhaps he has made a mistake, and I will check tonight not but I am fairly sure it was terminal 13 the earth wires were connected to. It is strange though that all other functions of the system seem ok; intercom mode works when all buttons released on the planset, external bells ring when switched through etc.

Thanks so much for the diagram links. I believe he worked off N4507 and left a copy with me but he didn't leave me N625 so perhaps he didn't have it.

Mine is a Mark 3 planset. My friend had mentioned this recently and I think I saw it underneath. It is certainly a very late model as it has REN 1 stamped underneath and the approved for use on network sticker that appeared in the 80's.

The red and white cabling I referred to is from the telephone socket to the planphone terminal block. Sorry I didn't make that very clear. This matches what I saw on 'British Telephones' website so perhaps he used this to assist him.

Thank you again. Happy to do some photos if they will help.

Best

Jason