Thread: Pye v4
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 6:28 pm   #514
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye v4

Hi
I will scan the manual for you later on after tea and post it here.
Is there any chance you could take or ask an engineer to pop in and go over it with you, of course posting progress here?

Please don't think I am in anyway angry at you, I am a terrible joker but often people get the wrong end of the stick.

You were asking about apprentices, well usually in two months you really hadn't learned a lot unless you were "in to it" beforehand. Normally you would wash the bosses car, clean the lavvy's, put up aerials, go for the tea stuff and help with deliveries, but this made you a better person.
When you did get on the bench you worked with all sorts from hopeless engineers to genius's, I was very lucky with the people I worked with and enjoyed my apprenticeship although I still got plenty of "clips round the earhole" but i would never give them "lip" back as I had great respect for them, because of this I finished my apprenticeship with Distinction passes on the City & Guilds Radio & TV Technicians course.

What you are trying to do on your own and through this forum is very difficult, why I say this is you have no hands on help, when you ask a question there will be numerous answers some correct, some wrong and some confusing. You have to take photos and type on a keyboard, but with a qualified person guiding you he will tell you what is happening in a circuit, and what would be required to cure any fault seen.
Please everyone I am not downcrying the forun in anyway, but as this is a complex set Chris really needs a "buddy" beside him, you cannot run before you walk.
If it was me I would have gradually worked up to a V4 and done some Bush's, Regentone's and straightforward sets then move up to the V4.

I will post the diagram later, is tea time!