View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2019, 10:23 pm   #116
WaveyDipole
Nonode

Default Re: Hameg HM307-3 Cleaning and Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTechFan96 View Post
Observations for WME_bill (TB off, AT off and no signal):
3. There is no change in brightness when the hor. ext. is pushed in/out. The spot just moves a bit.

Attached is a photograph of the spot I'm getting.
Just re-reading some of the previous comments to review the information and this just stuck out. Are you saying here that you got a spot with Hor Ext both in the in position and out position? With AT off and no signal, with Hor Ext out there should be no spot. The display should be blank until there is a signal input to trigger on, at which point it should produce a running trace across the CRT screen.

Can you confirm that you still get a spot in both switch positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WME_bill View Post
And the brilliance still remains very low and does not brighten up with the ExtX in/out?
It appears that the voltage between cathode p3 and grid p2 is 100v, (grid negative), so I am not surprised that the tube is dim, as that will have turned the brilliance down to virtually nil. For a bright trace, expect about 10v as I have already suggested.
Looks like it has been set to "intensity minimum" for these measurements...
Along with a confirmation of the above question, I would like a confirmation of the first 4 readings (pins 1 - 4) with intensity maximum and Hor Ext out please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTechFan96 View Post
CRT voltages (AT off, hor. ext. in, no sig, intensity minimum):
Bill, in theory, if there were no charge at the cathode, would the heater, with it being pegged at -900v, then act as a cathode? Or would the 'floating' cathode shield emission?

Last edited by WaveyDipole; 14th Jun 2019 at 10:52 pm.