View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2018, 12:31 am   #25
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: Simple method to mark calibration and functions externally on a case?

I use MS Paint for most of my projects. I print out a crude ruler in the horizontal plane but you can add a vertical one. Print it out and lay against your panel, marking the ruler where you want the label to be centered. the first two pictures should give you some idea.
I have tended to make long narrow labels as they are easy to cover with 19mm Scotch Crystal Tape which does not Yellow like standard clear adhesive tape. Then I turn the paper over and cover the respective areas with double sided tape, the type used on carpet tiles gives the best adhesion. Then the label is cut out, backing removed from the double sided tape and the label carefully offered up to the panel. Full labels like the resistance box are trickier as they are applied after the panel has been drilled but if you have clear circles in the label, it allows you to get the holes centralised with the label. I found it best to remove just a small strip of the double sided so that you can use this as a holding aid on the panel. For the larger labels I use self adhesive clear film like the type used to cover exercise books. The last label is one I made this evening for a quick audio attenuator box.
Don't forget to set Printing to 100%, you can adjust this if required to get a better fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCALE MEASUREMENT GUIDE_BUFFY_CRUNCH.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	157470   Click image for larger version

Name:	JIG Labels.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	157471   Click image for larger version

Name:	front_small.jpg
Views:	151