View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2018, 8:50 pm   #23
Aerodyne
Octode

Default Re: Simple method to mark calibration and functions externally on a case?

Yes, David, you are correct - the larger amp was one I designed myself, based upon a sort of merger between Mullard kit and a Brimar amp! It worked beautifully and I admit to being quite pleased with it.

Sold now, to collect money with which I have just completed another version of a 3-3 stereo which also is now finished and working well. You were kind enough to send me transformers but I'd already ordered from VVT, so they will come in for the next project.
Just for clarity, there's no money in making amplifiers. Break even is the best you could expect and that doesn't cover any of the many hours of concentrated work that goes into the planning and construction.

That said, it's enjoyable, keeps the mind ticking over and fills the hours between migraines, meals, shopping and grandchildren...

Sorry, this has gone a bit off topic. Having looked at your latest upload, David, I am further impressed at the highly professional appearance you have achieved.

I do agree that this is a useful and actually fascinating thread. I'm sure there must be more to come from others of the forum.

Tony