View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2018, 1:11 am   #6
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Antiference DVB01 freeview HD review

A couple of niggles as I've been using it tonight:

The EPG 'quick' navigation, which is supposed to use the coloured keys to move a page up or down at a time, doesn't work. Pressing the page up/down key just effects a 'cursor right' command. So to move the epg cursor from say Ch81 to Ch105, you have to just keep pressing the 'down' arrow until you get there.

When given 'shortcuts' within a menu, it shows the 4 coloured buttons across the bottom of the page (like softkeys) and their function. Unfortunately they are shown in the incorrect order to the buttons on the remote. So you naturally always press the wrong button and select something you didnt want.

There's no 'back' button on the remote. To go back through a menu, you sometimes have to press the 'left' arrow. Sometimes you press the 'up' and sometimes 'menu', 'exit' or 'enter'.

I aren't planning on using this on a main TV, so I'm not too fussed. But it just shows how poor (or non) product development can become apparent. Why are the colour keys in the wrong order to the screen? Did no-one notice either at the factory or at Antiference when they designed/ordered them? Its the little things that mean alot, sometimes.