Old 16th Jul 2018, 11:12 pm   #40
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Tesla MH74S571 programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgedb View Post
Moderation is gone for this thread?!
Not for the thread. For you.

The first few posts by new members are moderated before they are released into the wild. I understand why it's done but it can be very confusing for everyone, because you may make a statement or ask a question in a post: At that point the post is held and time stamped, and others may post questions in the thread after you, unaware that you have already said something relevant or answered the question they have just asked - then your post gets the go-ahead and is inserted into the thread in chronological sequence where it may not even be noticed behind the several other posts which have been posted since. So it's good that you are through that at last, and can post in real time.

OK, we have a good idea of what you are trying to achieve with the keypad now. It seems you like to set your bar very high, so good luck.

I think SOC did offer sets of switches as an option for fitting in place of the dome contact keypad but if they did I do not believe they were already legended - the reason I say that is that I have seen a number of images of late issue MK14s with switch sets fitted, but none of them have ever been professionally legended. Of course the owners in the cases mentioned may just have chosen to source their own switches if they found they could do so more cheaply.

An original SOC supplied MK14 PSU must be one of the rarest of all original MK14 items because the majority of MK14 owners never bought one, they just used something they had. I shudder to imagine what some completionists might be prepared to pay for that, no matter how utterly ordinary it is, especially if it is actually branded or marked in some way.

Regarding keyboards: I wanted to be able to pull up a mobile-style on screen Czech keypad specifically for the purpose of transcribing the data sheet manually into English without altering the setup for my main keypad, yes. Obviously OCR is an approach that can work, Slothie used it for his attempt, which I thought was not bad.

Edit: We have gone some way off the original narrow topic of PROM programming here, so may I suggest we continue the wider discussion in Slothie's other more general thread about the MK14.

I will try to pursue the third party information about PROM programming in the next few days as promised, and will report anything I can here in this relevant thread.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 16th Jul 2018 at 11:17 pm.