View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 2:14 pm   #32
terry123
Pentode

Default Re: BVWS Harpenden Sun 11th March

Hi all,

I doubt that there are many rallies or events much further than the annual Galashiels rally. This is the only major radio related event I can think of and probably as far up as traders will go in Scotland. As regards the BVWS, It is true to say that the bulk of the events are in the south historically that is due to whole raft of things already covered by others. The BVWS committee have received a number of very good suggestions for suitable venues to build on the very successful and long running Harpenden Hall event these will all be considered very carefully.

Several years ago I looked into organising and running a regional BVWS event in Scotland. The MOC at Burtisland was one such venue that might serve as a suitable venue at reasonable cost. As soon as you ask for help though it all goes quiet. So if the demand is there for a small Scottish BVWS meeting, I'll certainly consider organising it but won't do it alone.

A fair balance has to be struck with things and when you have the sorts of interests that we all share, that travel is inevitable fact of life.

Regards

Terry