View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2019, 11:04 pm   #1
jonboysez
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ericsson N1014B wiring conversion

Hi I'm finally decluttering my house and have a few old phones to sell. I used to convert phones a few years ago but havent for a good few years and so have forgotten most of it. I have an old Telephone Rentals N1014B with the original line cord terminated in 3 wires (red, green and white) with spade terminals on the end. Is it possible to keep the original line cord as attached and connect it up to the modern jack via a terminal block of some kind? Or can I retain the old cable and cut off the spade terminals and insert the wires into a modern plug (I have the crimper tool to do this from years ago and I know the wiring at the other end needs to be changed). There is a post already on here from 2011 about how to do it but its not easy to understand especially the bit about disconnecting the red and orange wire from the capacitor and joining it to the modern blue wire (how does that work if i want to retain the old cable and which is the red and orange wire and indeed the capacitor!) Any help would be great.