View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 11:59 am   #7
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: Metal Bashing: Uher Miniline 220V Bucking Box

Thank you for the kind comments! It is nice to show and tell to people who aren't your family.

I haven't tested it for more than a few minutes yet - I need to hook up the 'speakers and demote the Ferrograph from record duty for a little while. Luckily there's a Bandcamp order on the way...or the World Test Final's looking interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
I might have missed seeing it, but is there a fuse?

David
Not in the box, David. I considered it, then thought it was unnecessary. There's a suitably sized fuse in the plug, and another where the cable enters the Z140 power amplifier.

The Z140, and by extension the stack, are isolated from mains earth. The original mains cable, which now terminates in the Cannon socket, is two-core. As the new bucking box is metal, I've tied it to the safety earth from the IEC with a star washer and ring terminal under the transformer attachment point, thinking that was sufficient for the fault conditions I could foresee.

If more august Members think it advisable, there is room inside the box for an in-line fuse - I'm loath to drill the case again for a panel-mount one!