View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2020, 11:54 am   #19
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 16th Feb

I was just surprised, as this wasn't mentioned on the Audiojumble website. Anyone reading that would have no way of knowing that arriving around noon could prove disappointing. Apart from knowing when it starts from the 8a.m. high ticket price entry, there's no intimation that it's not available through the day as a general attraction.

At other similar expos (model engineering, model railway exhibitions and the like) I'd be very surprised to see a lack of stalls around teatime. Perhaps it starts too early! As a general punter of varying interests, a Sunday afternoon jaunt has more appeal than starting out from Cornwall the night before in order to arrive in Kent by early morning.

At least I got my De-Oxit and saw some very fine Ferrographs.

My own impression of the clientele was overwhelmingly older men - perhaps a rethink of the way it's arranged could encourage a younger crowd into the hobby, especially as there were a lot of records on offer. My girlfriend and twenty-something brother had a good time with that side, but it was still a rush to get round.

The Millennial Pound must be worth something!