View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 6:27 am   #18
Slothie
Octode

Default Re: MK14 schematic revisions

I hadn't really thought about selling PCBs but if it works (!) I'll probably release the design files on Bitbucket in case anyone wants to make alterations or improvements.
As for the key switches I remember well the original keyboard on the MK14 I used at school, and since I actually would like to use it I thought the key switches where a good idea, especially since I have loads of them I bought on eBay a few years ago! I also have a lot of those round metal dome.switch contacts so I have made a footprint that will allow tbose to be used if I want something more authentic looking that might actually be usable, assuming I can work out how to make a flexible overlay and the black plastic cover the keys had!
As for the display connector I confess I shamelessly stole that idea from you it also leaves a row of holes in the PCB that could be used for ribbon cable etc. Strangely enough this weekend I was clearing out the loft of my mothers house as she's moving to a retirement home, and in a plastic tub of ancient transistors there was an eight inch length of ten way .1" solid core ribbon cable that I'd stripped out of something years ago so my hoarding instinct has paid off again!