View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2021, 6:04 pm   #34
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: MK14 Programming Interface

(Brought across from the Ortonview PCB thread, so the uploader PCB can be discussed in more detail without bouncing that thread too far off topic)

Quote:
Its worth fitting the 2x20 header for the Pi in conjunction with the 16 way DIP socket as they fit flush together
I'm probably going to solder SMD TLP185s to the opto pads as they grow on trees at work so for me at least, clearance should not be a problem. Since you've already built one and it works I don't expect to have to remove any of the optos once fitted.

I take it the output connections from P4 are in 'conventional MK14' (not JMP) order and spacing and are an exact one for one match to the edge connector on the MK14 - I notice there is nothing connected to pads 9 and 11 counting up from the 'R1' end. It might be an idea to include a drawing of the wiring of the [uploader -> MK14] interconnection lead if you have not already put one in. To be fair, consider also including the alternative wiring which will be required if the target MK14 is a JMP replica.