View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2016, 12:46 am   #185
SBucknell
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Calling Hacker Hunter owners!

Hi Mark,

Another newby here. Please find below details of my Hacker Hunter RP38A. My parents gave me this radio as a 21st birthday present back in 1971, so I know that it is completely original apart the aerial, which I replaced about 30 years ago. I thought it was beyond repair last year when it started to make a horrible noise. Being non-technical myself, I tried a few local TV/radio repairers, but they couldn't help. Anyway, the other day it suddenly dawned on me that the old, cheepo transformer I had been using might be the cause of the problem, so I splashed out on a couple of PP9 batteries and "bob's yer uncle" it sounds as good as new. I may just stick with batteries or pop into my nearest Maplins to see what kind of transformer they can offer. Anyway, here are the details:

Serial no. 50224
Speaker 58HF/146 goldish

All other details as per Richard's post #183 above.

By the way, I remember that my Hunter cost my parents £40 back in 1971. That would have bought around 300 pints of beer back in those days, so either my Hacker was very expensive or beer was very cheap then - or maybe both!!

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Stuart