Thread: Marconi R.B.7.
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 5:45 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Marconi R.B.7.

Privilege & Trepidation - a chum has just recently dropped off his RB7 for me to "Get it Going". I recently put out a Forum request for a Circuit Diagram(25th Sept.) & eventually received the two from Radiomuseum via email. Amazingly, my chum tells me that this RB7 is the one shown on the Radiomuseum page !
Definitely very privileged to be trusted with it, but yet full of trepidation delving inside this 1922 beautifully built scientific quality receiver. Due to its value being far more than all I've ever owned vintage radio/electronics-wise.
5 of its 6 valves(V2 - V6) all tested OK on my DEV.DEQ test rig/VCM MK3. Looks like the Secondary Tuning Panel has been factory modified & differs from the RM diagrams. One half of the Dewar Switch has been removed, and the "FRAME" connections just go straight to a pick-up coil around the wiring between the l/h & r/h terminals.
Are there any early Marconi Guru's out there, who can advise me, please? And - how many pairs of underpants should I wear whilst working on it ?

Regards, David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marconi R.B.7. (a).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	191569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Marconi R.B.7. (b).jpg
Views:	162
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	191570