View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2019, 5:07 pm   #35
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Fluke 77 Series II Repair Using Donor

This is testing my knowledge to the limit but I think the only substantive difference between Series II 75s and 77s (apart from the logos) was the specified accuracy of the DCV ranges. Presumably this was a case of processor selection when they came off the production line as the rest of the components had the same specifications in both meter designations. I guess the slightly less accurate 75s were a bit cheaper.

For the record Series I meters are easy to distinguish from one another as the 75 didn't have the 'touch hold' option.

As for serial numbers I'm fairly sure that Fluke has never published any information on the subject and as you've already found Fluke's service staff are unlikely to be able to help. My experience would suggest that 75s and 77s were not allocated separate blocks of numbers which doesn't help either.

The only other thing to bear in mind is that Series II 75s sold in much smaller numbers than 77s and finding the correct window is likely to be a real challenge akin to solving an Agatha Christie mystery after reading the first chapter.

Alan