View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2019, 3:33 pm   #34
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Fluke 77 Series II Repair Using Donor

This is embarrassing, but I now have new information which leads me to wonder if the meter I am trying to restore is a Fluke 75 rather than a Fluke 77!

This came about because I found that someone at work is still using a near-identical Fluke to the one I am trying to restore, and it is a Fluke 75 rather than a Fluke 77. Historically, the company tended to buy meters in small batches rather than singles, so this meter is likely to be a close contemporary of the Fluke 75 which is still in use and therefore may actually be a Fluke 75 series II.

As has been mentioned earlier, the logo / model identification on the original meter is entirely missing and I identified it as a Fluke 77 from web images, but I now find that as with the Fluke 77, there are at least two slightly visually different versions of the 75 series II, and this meter could just as easily be a 75, probably an 'early' version.

I do at least have the unit's serial number, so is there any online site or other resource into which I could put that in order to make a definitive identification of the model number?