View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2006, 9:37 pm   #23
af024
Octode

Default Re: KB FB10 'Toaster'

Thanks very much - I'll have a good look at that info (you just pipped me at the post).

Here's what I was going to say ..

Update

I looked really carefully at my set and yes, I was looking at the wrong resistor. R2 is hiding right behind R1 and is covered in black gunge (no doubt from an old waxy cap and several accumulated years of dust). My R2 is indeed as per the circuit – ie 220 ohm and R1 is 22k as per the circuit. So at least that’s one mystery solved (thanks goodness). So thanks for your info Paul.

I guess I’m not too worried about the R13 issue (although it would be nice to know what it should have been in this particular set), but the C2 and the Hunts 0.001uF capacitor issue is a mystery. I have sketched out the circuit (and judging from the pictures that have been kindly supplied) I suspect that this is what others have got also (although you probably didn’t know it).

The 70pF capacitor is connected to the first two tags on the switch (going clockwise from underneath starting at the 1 o’clock position). Pin number 1 is denoted S1 in my drawing, pin number 2 is the S1, S2 ‘pole’ and pin number 3 is S2.

It can be seen that in this configuration, a 70pF capacitor sits in parallel across L3 (when in LW) whereas in the Trader 969 sheet it does not. L3 is still shorted out when in MW however. When in LW, the 0.001uF capacitor (not mentioned in 969) is in circuit. Hopefully this configuration was one that KB actually used and not just the remains of someone’s botch or my bad eyesight.

Andy
Attached Files
File Type: doc KB FB10 Toaster Circuit.doc (31.5 KB, 217 views)