View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2020, 7:24 pm   #23
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Re: Tektronix 7623A poser

Well, this gets curiouser and curiouser, as Alice might say. I have removed the inductor L1198 and it was fixed to the A10 HV board at three points! When removed, there are two wires at one end with continuity between them (about 5 ohms) and the connection at the other end is only going into the ferrite and shows no connection (infinity) to the two connections at the other end. The end where the connected wires emerge has some broken "glue" around it, which convinced me that there was some damage underneath that I couldn't see. Not so; it looks as though L1198 is fine, but C1198 is no longer a capacitor. I will put a bit more Araldite around the cracked end of the inductor L1198 and remove the capacitor to give it a fully out-of-circuit check.

Who would have thought that an inductor would have both of its connections at one end and a support-wire at the other?

I will also have to re-think the checking of the connections to the inductor; I may have assumed that the support-wire was a genuine connection.

Colin.