View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2015, 3:09 am   #73
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Downloadable Test Card DVD

The DVD has been used to replace the custom Test Card C on one of my Aurorae with the correct TC-D with BBC-1 405 LINES .. the one I've wanted to use for ages but couldn't find a decent copy. The results are excellent. TC-J is currently in use on 625 as I'm still setting up my distribution system and don't yet have enough receivers for all the channels, the player turned its motor off after a short interval.

I wonder if it would be possible to include the IBA:CH4 card? I have fond memories from when Channel 4 first started, finding this on the dial, and later on using it to set up the contrast properly on my Citizen TC-53 as it had larger greyscale blocks. I don't think I have any VHS recordings of this any more.

The colour-bar used by Five, being the last analogue channel, would also be good to have. I'm sure I could replicate the multipath and co-channel interference from the early days before Waltham started transmitting and make a recording for nostalgia purposes! I might actually have an off-air recording of this somewhere.

I'd like to do this myself but unfortunately my main PC is out of order and Nero is on that machine.

Brian