Thread: Pye V4
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2019, 3:49 pm   #46
Davewantsone
Hexode

Default Re: Pye V4

As promised feedback on my V4. For the past 3 days I have been giving the EHT winding 7 watts of power.
Time to power up again. To be honest not much difference. The width was probably slightly more but still around 3/4 inch narrow at both sides.
I then thought what about the scan coils?
What had happened is when I tried the chassis I had been given the scan coils were attached, so rather than unsolder the scan coils I removed mine and put the replacement ones on.
Now due to all the messing about and difficulty setting the coils up when I put my chassis back in I unsoldered the 5 cables going to the scan coils and resoldered my chassis cables to them. I knew my scan coils were good but I was not sure of the others. Anyway off came the replacement coils and back on went mine.
I was rewarded with a picture with the width about one inch too wide on either side! By moving the width control to half way the width was brought into satisfactory display.
Please find pictures below of results now obtained with a picture of T May to prove it is today! Also a photo of the duff scan coils!
Thanks for everyones help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11APRa.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	181225   Click image for larger version

Name:	11APRb.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	181226   Click image for larger version

Name:	11APRc.jpg