View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 10:49 pm   #3
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Karen's PICL - PCB available

Agreed, a nice job by Phil and a great tribute to Karen who no doubt would have been very pleased to have seen this. It's great to see that she is still motivating new builds and new projects after she so sadly left us last year.

You're probably better off emailing Phil for a more immediate response and further information, he's made it fairly clear that he regards his presence here as sporadic at best.

I'm going to stay hands off on this one because I am trying to thin my stuff down rather than acquire more of it, but I will remain an interested observer as always.

For an OrtonView PCB we might need to look to someone who is already incentivised by owning an issue VI replica, the version best suited to working with original SOC VDUs and Ortonview which was intended as a one for one substitute for the SOC VDU. I think it would also make sense for it to include the 1.5K memory expansion (for which the issue VI already has the memory hole) because the VDU is barely usable on a 640 byte MK14, it really needs to have 512 continuous bytes of additional RAM dedicated to it.