View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2018, 8:41 am   #6
ct92404
Pentode

Default Re: Tandy 200 portable computer - need help

I just noticed that the "Telcom" program isn't working right
I can select it from the main menu, and it opens. But when I try to select "Terminal," the computer freezes up. I have to press the reset button.
So unless I can find out what's causing that problem, it looks like I won't be able to transfer files to another computer with the serial connection either.

Someone definitely tinkered around with this little computer. I opened it earlier to check the internal condition, and I noticed that someone had installed what looks like custom ROM chips. There's also some other program listed in the menu, apparently what's on the custom ROM. It looks like some kind of software to control a printer. What I'm wondering is if they replaced the original ROMs, and if maybe Telcom is missing? But if that was the case, how did it even open when I selected it from the main menu? How hard would it be to write a small program to transfer files with the serial port? Or I wonder if I might be able to find the original ROM chips somewhere?

About the cassette problem, I don't have an oscilloscope so I don't know how to check if there's a signal coming from the cassete interface.