View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2018, 6:10 pm   #18
muttley1984
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help with Braun MT99R

Thanks Sobell1980 for the pictures, very helpful indeed and I really hope your unit is still in fine working order!

I am still struggling a little working out the pictures and could do with some confirmations if you don't mind?

Can you confirm that the brown and black motor wires come down through the guide hole at the top of the picture and then just connect directly onto the transformer terminations? The picture shows a lot of yellow cable 'ducts' which I presume are nothing to do with the motor wiring, is that correct?

I think I can see four or five termination points on the top of the transformer? Am I correct in assuming that these points are the voltage levels referenced on the circuit diagram and so if I am connecting a 240V motor I should just use the outer termination points?

Regarding the 3rd and 4th pictures I believe these just show the reverse side of the paxolin plate that is shown on my original pictures and thus you are confirming that the two wires from the cartridge connect into the 2 x 4mm sockets on the paxolin plate shared by the tape socket?

Please forgive my ignorance and the novice question but can anyone advise an adequate termination method for terminating the cartridge wires into those sockets? The socket diameter and length appears vey large compared to the wire diameter. Is a length of bare twisted copper wire and some solder good enough or should I be looking to crimp a suitable connector to better terminate the wire into the socket?

When I get to my grandmas next I will take a picture from the same perspective as yours and will make sure I check that the circuit behind the paxolin plate is actually still present!

Can you confirm that you assumed the components referenced on the circuit diagram as part of the phono input dotted box i.e W55,W57 and C79 were just part of the chassis somewhere or integral to the cartridge?

Thanks also to MS660 for your very helpful explanation of the switch contacts. I am slowly starting to understand this now thanks to your explanation, much appreciated