View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2020, 11:01 pm   #16
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Dynatron TV32 'Marlborough'- Future project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchrodyne View Post

I think that this item about the Dynatron “Chippendale” 21-inch TV receiver probably refers to the TV32 chassis:
Yes, it certainly would seem to be the TV32. I assume they are using the word 'Chippendale' as the whole range is built into luxury wood cabinets.

In the 'anti- flutter' article, they also talk about the introduction by manufacturers of mean level AGC rather than the superior 'gated' AGC.

Quote: "As quite a number of viewers like to increase the brightness during night scenes of a play... Manufacturers have quietly introduced [mean level AGC] to their sets and since no 'hue and cry' has been raised by the 'black level fanatics', nobody seems to have noticed any difference!"

Yet more evidence to suggest that the viewing public did not appreciate rigid black level and actually preferred an increase in brightness during dark scenes.

Quote:
That looks even flakier than my 2k!, i think it needs to be loved, perhaps if you get more permanent facilities it'll get some treatment, looks very rare and interesting.
Hi Greg,
I've always had a preference for large screen sets and 21" was about as big as it got in 1958! The down side of course is the size and weight of the thing!

The cabinet is actually pretty solid and even the rear cover is intact. I just need to polish up my veneering skills! This will be a very imposing set when fully restored and is definitely on my 'to do in the future when I get a decent workshop' list!

With 23 valves, it's got quite a few more than any of my other sets!

All the best
Nick