View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2011, 12:40 pm   #1
Richard984
Retired Dormant Member

Default Oscilloscope Collection / Junky

Are you obsessed with oscilloscopes? I am, frankly playing with vintage scopes is much more fun than watching what passes for TV here in the USA!
What do you have? Here is my collection:
Very early (SN1116) "brown box" Tek 535 with CA plugin
Tek 535A with M4 plugin
Tek 547 with 1A2 plugin, the 50MHz+ "magic in a box" scope with the ability to alternate not only the Y channels but also the two timebases, so it can function as two scopes in one box as well as B delayed by A e.t.c. very fine instrument.
HP 150A, a failed attempt to compete with Tek, more complex and just one timebase, some historical value. Excellent sharp blue medium persistence display, the sharp blue reminds me of the Cossor 1035 MK111 I had as a kid. (That scope had the best focus I have ever seen, so good it is hard to imagine that the CRT was not gas focussed.)
Solartron CT436, really nice, well made fairly simple UK military dual beam scope, 6MHz with delay lines.
Telequipment S31, good scope for the intended use (servicing) but not a lab scope.
Two Tek 310A, similar to the S31 but at laboratory standard.
4 Tek 561A:
1/ with 3A6 two channel Y and 3B3 calibrated delay timebase
2/ with 2A63 differential Y and 3B3 calibrated delay timebase
3/ with 3A74 4 channel Y and 3B1 delay timebase
4/ with Nelson-Ross model 012 AF spectrum analyser and 2B67 timebase
HP AN/USM 281 (transistor) with 50MHz two channel Y and double (delay/mixed) timebase, short persistence CRT
HP AN/USM 281 (transistor) with 50MHz two channel Y and double (delay/mixed) timebase, medium persistence CRT
They all work except the early 535 which I found by the side of the road, the EHT needs re-capping, the X and Y systems work!
These fine old machines want to live and working with that is a lot of eccentric fun! Only two that are fully transistor based.