View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 8:15 am   #17
Tony Jaques
Triode

Default Re: HP Deskjet 690C. (Actually an 895cxi) Transistor info needed.

This should, I think, wrap this one up.

Firstly Hello To Nick. The disk that you sent arrived yesterday. I can't help wondering how long it has been floating about "locked down".
Unfortunately I can not read it (on five different drives). At first I though that the cure was easy: just remove the stuck on label. Almost every disk that I have stuck a label on (even the full face ones intended for it) has become unusable. This is the first time that just removing the label has not restored full functioning. Oh well.
But nevertheless I still apreciate the effort. Thank you very much Nick.

To Terry. The printer has been functioning beautifully and thank you once again.
There is a possibility that it does not print Cyan (on three different cartridges) but as you know for my purposes colour operation does not matter. If I get the faulty printer going again then I may be able to confirm that - or throw two cartridges away! Unlike modern printers which refuse to print until you pay for more cartridges the hp only cares whether a cartridge is present or not. Not whether it works.

Now to anyone else who this might just help:
Terry's printer enabled me to find out that the duff transistor was a Harris H75307. These can be got from China as long as you need 50, but I did find one company that will even supply one for all of $3. Postage was $5 so I ordered two. Big spender. (transistormosfet.com)
No data sheet could be found, but I can find out what they are when get them.

So that's about it I reckon.
Thank you to all responders.

Tony...