View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2021, 6:38 pm   #1
andyw25
Pentode

Default Grundig A 7400 (CUC220)

Evening All

I posted several years ago regarding one of these sets, used to belong to my grandparents but at the time I wasn't very savvy with electronics and let the set go.

Over the years I've taken great interest in vintage electronics repairing all manner of things, having also repaired two Philips 14" portables recently (14CT2006)

Browsing online I found this Identical Grundig set to my grandparents, the only difference I can spot is that this one is badged as having Teletext

It does power on but I intend to give it a good clean up as it appears to have came from a smoker.

Also ordered some replacement capacitors to replace a couple of Wima branded ones before the magic smoke escapes from them

I never did remove the back from my Grandparent's set so I'm curious, did these all come with the Hitachi tube?

Also the Varta back-up battery has leaked and caused small corrosion to the board, I've managed to clean this up, what would everyone recommend as a good replacement ?

I can get the same type battery, but I've seen elsewhere someone use an adaptor to allow the use of a coin cell type, admittedly this was on a computer motherboard so I'm not sure wether it would be suitable here, I'll attach some pictures for reference. Although I've noticed there is also provision to fit a two legged battery instead of the 3 legged?

Best Wishes, Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	231076   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	231077   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg