View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2020, 11:55 pm   #325
john_newcombe
Hexode

Default Re: Gemini 80-Bus System

Today wasn't too successful in terms getting the Gotek working or loading MBASIC for that matter and clearly I need to investigate all of these issues further.

Gotek

The Gotek boot image I have for CP/M with Bios 3.4 will not boot. In addition, I cannot get the machine to recognise anything other than the first floppy as A: and the Winchester as B: which prevents me from attaching the Gotek as B: or C: etc. Alas, the Winchester doesn't work at the moment either.

MBASIC

I can boot to a floppy and I have used READCAS.COM to try and load MBASIC from tape, whilst the system read the tape fine it failed to write to the disk. Several attempts were made but each failed in the same way.

FORMAT

As I only have one system disk for this machine I thought I would try and create another using FORMAT and SYSGEN from the existing disk. Format and verify worked fine but SYSGEN failed when copying the system from the working disk to the new disk.

Some successes though as SYSGEN did work when transferring the system from the system disk to an MFB Update Disk that wasn't originally bootable, it is now.

As I said, I will continue the investigation and keep the thread updated.