View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2018, 8:56 pm   #14
Hammonds
Heptode

Default Re: Rubbish tip find - lots of 10" + 5"reels

Hi again folks

A thousand apologies for the long delay - a combination on health problems and deaths of friends.

The reels find at the tip were given to me absolutely free and I would like the proceeds of selling them to go to a charity, for whom I work as a volunteer. The name of the charity is Dentaid and much info can be found on the website www.dentaid.org .

I was looking at Paul Stennings section on selling for charity:

As noted in forum rule D5, items offered for sale with all proceeds going to charity do not need to have an exact price quoted. This is to help relatives of deceased collectors who are clearing items and would like to support a charity (such as a local hospice who helped to care for the person), but do not know what the items are worth.

In such cases, please make fair and reasonable offers, and do not see it as an opportunity to try to get something valuable cheaply.

So that both the buyer and the seller know that the money is definitely going to the charity, the buyer should pay by cheque or crossed postal order, made payable to the charity (not to the seller) and should post it to the seller (not to the charity).

This way the buyer knows that the money will go to the charity, and the seller knows that the buyer has actually paid. Anything else could leave room for doubt by one or other party, which is not what we want especially considering the likely circumstances of some of these sales.

There has been some interest in some or all of the items, so I propose getting in touch with each of the interested parties by P.M. about how to proceed.

As I have no means of listening to any of the tapes, I'm happy for them all to go to a new home.

I would welcome the views of the moderators about the steps outlined above.

Cheers, Dave