View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 9:49 am   #33
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: What radio & TV shop advertising do you remember?

Yes I remember the Andre Previn advert but it all fell apart when they discovered he owned a HITACHI!

'Melony, tea time and bring the television'. This is the incredible new television from KB etc.
I remember a young girl running down the stairs carrying a KB 'Featherlight' 11" dual standard portable. [It's a wonder the handle didn't snap off]

'Peto-Scott, Peto Scott. For perfect picture, perfect sound, ask your dealer for Peto-Scott! [Now I'm showing my age]

Does anyone remember the Gibbard Rentals life size cardboard cut outs of the 'Gay Cavalier' complete with sword and feathered hat! There was a cut out to place the Invicta 7069 [PYE 11U] in the center. What a hoot!

The Granada adverts involved a Red Indian logo with the 'GRANADALAND arrow on the back of the van.

Toshiba reps presented us with many really nice gifts over the years. I still have a number packed away in drawers and cupboards but this real Japanese silk scarf came to hand. It dates from around 1979 I guess.
They also had many gimmick items to advertise a certain product. I had some clockwork model 'Cutie' televisions that would walk across the table! I gave most of them away to local kids but kept one or two for myself, no doubt packed in tissue paper somewhere!

The opened but unwrapped Roberts Radio RM20 was presented to me and a few other Roberts agents in 1977 to commemorate the Queens silver jubilee. The front is trimmed with solid silver together with the plate on the top.It was a limited edition of course. happy Days!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Advertising (3).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	170867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Advertising (4).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	170868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Advertising (2).jpg
Views:	116