View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2019, 8:54 pm   #1
pmmunro
Octode

Default BT Dropwire Terminal Boxes

I would like some guidance on telephone dropwire boxes please.

A few years ago, probably about 10, BT or possibly by that time Openreach, needed to change the dropwire from the local wood pole to our house. There was no problem with our service so something at the pole end must have needed attention.

The existing dropwire terminal box was a well sealed enclosure but it seems this had to be changed for the current standard issue item which was a cylindrical plastic shell closed by cable ties and made by Scotch. It looked much poorer quality than its predecessor and in fact failed by filling with water after about 2 to 3 years. This has now happened at least 3 times.

The Scotch junction box now seems to have been superseded by a Dex Green 2/4 https://www.bcedirect.co.uk/products...verhead-cables. I don't know if this is the Scotch item under a different name; can anyone say please?

If the Dex Green 2/4 is not just the Scotch terminal box under a different name is it reliable?

I would also be interested to know what the predecessors to these were and if they are still available.

PMM
pmmunro is offline   Reply With Quote