View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2014, 7:47 am   #18
Dazza the stag
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Radiomobile 1070 interference from tool rack !

Thanks Mike

I can sort of see why my last comment was moved to a new thread but it does sort of spoil the flow of my original thread and it was relevant - apologies to the moderator.

I haven't got a digital meter. I did connect a new earth directly to the radio in case there were any issues with the aerial one and it didn't make any difference. I should have added that since I moved the car out of the garage away from the lights that did improve it significantly.

I suppose I now just want to rule out any problems that may exist with the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post
Did you do what was suggested in posts 7 & 8.
Mike

Just a thought I have an analogue meter, one that I test bulbs and batteries with. So I guess it is the same setting that iI test a bulb with i.e. ensuring that a small current can still run all the way throughout the bulb ?

So I would put one end on the tip of the aerial and then then at the radio end unplug the short aerial lead coming out of the radio, take the cable that it was plugged into and touch the centre of this with the other probe - and I guess like a bulb I should be able to see the current running all the way through

Is that correct ?

And is the above the same as

"Have you checked the aerial for electrical leakage between it and ground. Any resistance reading between the centre pin and outer case of the co-ax plug is a no-no" or is that a different test ?

We all have to learn sometime ! - thanks for your patience