View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2019, 7:47 pm   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Model Railway Controller HM 4000

Unfortunately that link is broken for me. Maybe post some images of the insides?

Here are a couple of images from Hornby's own web site, the first a view of the base HM4000 controller, onto which two more 'outboard' controllers can be mounted. I take it that what you have is the dual controller base unit without any additional left or right controllers?

The second image is a block diagram. From this we can see that the unit is likely to contain two of almost everything, except for the single mains transformer which appears to have three 16VAC secondary windings. One winding feeds the left side internal controller and the left external controller, where fitted. The second winding feeds the right side internal controller and the right external controller, where fitted, and the third winding feeds the AUX-Out supply terminals.

My first question would be, are you getting 16VAC from the 16VAC output terminals on the D-socket on the LEFT side of the controller? (This same 16VAC feeds both the internal left side controller and the additional left side controller, when fitted).

Edit: The block diagram was drawn by a Hornby forum member, and is not from an official Hornby document, so although the block diagram suggests that there are three individual AC outputs from the transformer, that may not actually be the case.

Edit#2: Your alternative link is working for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HM4000_Rear.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	190047   Click image for larger version

Name:	HM4000_BlockDiagram.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	190048  

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 12th Sep 2019 at 7:56 pm.