View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2019, 10:50 pm   #10
Shmason
Retired Dormant Member

Hi All,

Thanks for all your replies! To confirm, earth is not connected to 13, it is correctly connected to 7- the TB is the 'wrong' way up compared to ringer converter and power supply (mounted on a wooden base)! Also, as far as I can see terminals 6&7 are already bridged inside the base unit.

I have had a look at the terminal block wiring and my findings are attached. I appreciate it is hard to tell just from this, especially in my novice descriptions, but I thought maybe it might highlight something obvious. I guess my next step will be to see where wires terminate inside the base unit?

Andrew I agree with you; from what I have googled I think the buzzer should ring in the main when exchange is switched to extension.

Thanks again!

Jason

Just a thought, and I think this will be a red herring but will mention it anyway... the planphone has a bell on/off switch which seems to be working fine. I think it is a three wire switch but the third wire (brown?) is just loose inside the case. Not sure if this would have any bearing on anything!
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx PLANSET.xlsx (10.4 KB, 76 views)